Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Creative Minds@Work: I lego NY


Just when you see something for the first time you shake your head and smirk, "Why didn't I think of that?"

As I finished my morning coffee and oatmeal, and made my way throught my morning blog readings, I came upon this on Scott Goodson's Blog.

With amazement, I shook my head and smirked, "wow". The simplest things amaze me, and this is simplicity defined. This work is defining my favourite city in the world – New York in a way never seen before. An artist's daydream in a roomful of his kids' toys leads to a view of New York you've never likely seen either.

This appeared on the New York Times website in their Abstract City section.

The artist is Christoph Niemann, whose illustrations have appeared on the covers of The New Yorker, Atlantic Monthly, The New York Times Magazine and American Illustration.

His work has won numerous awards from the American Institute of Graphic Arts, the Art Directors Club and American Illustration. He is the author of two children's books, "The Pet Dragon," which teaches Chinese characters to young readers, and "The Police Cloud." After 11 years in New York, he moved to Berlin with his wife, Lisa, and their sons, Arthur, Gustav and Fritz. His Web site is christophniemann.com.



No comments:

 
TNB | Distributed by Deluxe Templates