Sunday, March 29, 2009

Guardian Viral Video Chart

Okay, for those old enough to remember the CHUM chart… I might need to define Viral. Just kidding… I am here ranting and you're reading... you will find this interesting.

Charting the world of Viral, it ain't Billboard, but it tracks the "who, what, when, why and the ever important WHERE!

Conservative MEP Daniel Hannan tore a strip off the prime minister at the European Parliament. Brown had done so well with a his lovely little speech on being at the heart of Europe – until this previously obscure pipsqueak Tory piped up with a three-minute tirade on how he has ruined the country, etc etc. And now it's all over the web. Tellingly, Fox News loved it; Neil Cavuto couldn't sing Hannan's praises enough, and even tipped him for a future prime minister. "Mark my words: Remember this man," he wrote.

Oh we will – or at least until next week's viral video sensation... maybe a Croatian tennis star ranting about the yellow color of the tennis balls used in Oman for a tournament.

Something close to my heart: "You are a young, hip, tech-savvy techno something and I will not let you turn into my father! I'm taking you into the Twittersphere..."

"I just connected my iFlob to my tweng tweng using my RSS thingy! Wow great tweet..."

Guardian Viral Video Chart compiled by viralvideochart.com

1 Daniel Hannan MEP: "The devalued Prime Minister of a devalued Government"
Three minutes of awkward fidgeting-in-chair for the Prime Minister.

2 Where the Wild Things Are trailer
Maurice Sendak's book gets the Hollywood treatment...

3 Samsung Extreme Sheep LED Art
They came, they saw, they bleeted - Samsung's woolly viral hit.

4 P Vs McDonald's
R&B star Pharell tries to sing and dance for his supper. To no avail.

5 Iron Man vs Bruce Lee
Slick animation.

6 "Twouble with Twitter" sous-titré
You can live without it, you know?

7 MINI Clubman. Have you seen that?
They think my stunts are crazy! (Is that Richard Madeley's voice?)

8 Cat Shit One trailer: Apocalypse Meow
Stunning animation, but you'll need a translation.

9 Super Chameleon
This reptile has an impressive collection of Ray Ban Wayfarers.

10 The White House is open for questions
President Obama explains why he wants to use the web to answer questions from the public directly.

11 Creme that Egg!
Does for Cream Eggs what that Honda add did for car parts. But much tastier.

12 Oren Lavie: Her Morning Elegance
Super time-lapse music vid.

13 Vote Earth for Earth Hour 2009
One hour to save the planet on 31 March.

14 American Idol: Adam Lambert's Tracks Of My Tears
Cheesetastic, so I'm sure he'll go far.

15 Taking Woodstock trailer
Ang Lee's film is out this summer. Peace.

16
The Rapping Flight Attendant
Welcome to South West airline - we do things a little differently. You're lucky if you get pretzels on American...

17 Durex: Get it on!
This actually made me cry with laughter the first time I saw it. And I still get a little teary.

18 David after dentist
"I didn't feel anything... is this real life?"

19 Did you know?
A barrage of world stats that put you in your place.

20 Bizkit the sleep-walking dog
That... is very cute. But he might need a padded kennel.

Source: Viral Video Chart. Compiled from data gathered at 10.00am on 27 March 2009. The Weekly Viral Video Chart is currently based on a count of the embedded videos and links on approximately 2 million blogs (including this one!).

No comments:

 
TNB | Distributed by Deluxe Templates